Thursday, March 3, 2011

Midwife Allie

Allie is one of the staff members that is with Mama Allpa from almost the start. She has brought joy and support to many families and today let us ask her some questions...

Hello Allie,

ready for the dance :)

why are you a Mama Allpa Doctor?
I am an EMT in RL and love the entire pregnancy cycle (ok maybe not my periods).  So it was a natural fit in SL to become a midwife since I generally prefer the home based maternity care of a midwife, I chose that role over a doctor/clinical role.  I enjoy giving my patients a detailed and fairly authentic setting and experience.  I don't take a lot of patients to minimize burnout, but I do really enjoy the people I have assisted with their pregnancies.

What is your favorite thing to do in SL aside from Mama Allpa?
Explore new SIMS and shop...Oh? Does it have to be only one favorite thing?  I am continually amazed by the creativity and wonderful SIMS that I find in SL.  There are not enough hours in the day to explore them all.  I also appreciate meeting people who can construct thoughtful sentences and I learn a bit from everyone I meet.

Are you having own kids in SL? If so, tell us a bit about them?
I have had one beautiful baby so far, and hope to have more.

What was the funniest thing that ever happened to you in SL?
Finding someone I knew RL in a very awkward moment.

What is a goal that you wish to achieve still in SL?
Laughs...well like most girls I suppose to find Mr. Right and have a family.  But it's so much fun to find the Mr. Wrongs along the way. ;)

What would you like to tell our readers as message?
Enjoy your time in SL.  Take the opportunity to explore and meet people. Remember behind every Avatar is a RL person.  Some people you meet you will make longterm friends, some you will not want to see the next day, but everyone, in whatever way does bring something to SL.  As far a your pregnancy goes, please take the time to read the Mama Allpa website, many questions we get could be answered by looking there.  As doctors and midwives we love all our patients, but remember we have SL lives (and RL lives too) so we can't always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment