We are pleased to announce the 1st ever Mama Allpa Machinima and Photography challenge; brought to you by Mama Allpa, the mating HUD system in Second Life '. There is no hard and fast “Theme” however videos should begin or end in Nayeli;
Photos have to be taken in Nayeli.
PRIZE POOL $L50,000
1stPrize Machinima - $L25,000
2ndPrize Machinima - $L10,000
3rdPrize Machinima - $L5,000
1st Prize Photo - $L5000
2nd Prize Photo - $L2000
3rd Prize Photo - $L1000
- prize amounts may increase if donations are received -
- donations will NOT influence judging -
- donors and judges are eligible to submit entries however they are disqualified from winning as it constitutes a material conflict of interest. - They may be awarded honorary mention but no cash prizes - judges must abstain from voting for their own contributions.
DEADLINE: Submissions are open between NOW (May 2011) through end of the day August 1st 2011 (deadline for entries is midnight PDT)
THEME : Erotica - should be tasteful; not overly graphic, gross, or in violation of laws or TOS. While Nayeli is largely involved in breeding/pregnancy roleplay and this topic is certainly appropriate for submissions it is NOT a requirement and will not weigh in the rankings of submitted entries. Dominance/Submission is also quite appropriate however please keep submissions 'tasteful'.
MAJOR RULE: The most important rule is that the machinima must either start or end in Nayeli and in the description of the posted video the term "Mama Allpa machinima contest 2011" must appear, on the website, where the video is hosted.
Be aware that the arrival spot is adjacent to the Breeding Grounds however there are many areas of Nayeli to explore offering a wide variety of options.
LENGTH: 4 - 6 minutes is recommended, but this is not a hard rule. The length has no influence on the ranking.
The "Breeding Grounds" in Nayeli holds sample pictures, as decoration along the walls.
Winners will be announced by the 30th of August 2011.
Method of Entry & Other Info:* Load the Machinima on any video sharing website you prefer and provide the link to YT Recreant.
* The length of machinima referred to above is only a suggested maximum, and will not be enforced nor cause entries to be disqualified.
* Photo's can be posted to a photo sharing website or uploaded to SL and transferred (with full permissions to copy and transfer to other judges). Send the links or images via IM to YT Recreant.
* If you do NOT get an acknowledgment of your entry within 24 hours - please resend the information to “YT Recreant” or “xx Reyes” -
* Please acknowledge the lands or significant artworks and individuals you feature.
* If you need to rezz (blue screen etc) on Nayeli contact YT Recreant or 'slut' (account name = xx Reyes).
* You may only use content that you can freely and legally distribute - violations of copyright laws will disqualify the entry. Note that this does not prohibit “Fair Use” under copyright laws but that use must be properly credited. - http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
* Music or accompanying sound must be freely available under the Creative Commons license - Submissions using third party content should include credits to the original artist/source for the material and provide links to the grant of license for the material.
Note: the following link has a listing of sites offering Freely Distributable Music
- check the bottom section of the “Best Answer” for the site listings for numerous free music sources.
Closing Date:* Midnight PDT August 1, 2011. (This is the end of the day on the first of August, not the beginning of the day).
- 1. Jarethe Anthony
2. YT Recreant: Head Gardener - Nayeli Groundskeeping Department
3. village bike: (aka Brianna Aldridge) - Motorcross enthusiast and head animal trainer - Nayeli Game Preserve - go ahead, take a ride.. everyone else has...
4. slut: (aka xx Reyes) - official slut of the 2011 Nayeli Downs
5. Baron Nubalo: CEO and Operations Manager for the Breeding Grounds
Terms and Conditions
The Contest Committee has sole and absolute discretion to determine which submission entries, if any, merit an award. The Committee reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, extend or reduce the terms and conditions of, or to suspend or terminate, the competition without prior notice. The committee will endeavor to inform participants of any such change, modification, extension, reduction, suspension or termination, as the case may be, through any outlet deemed appropriate by the committee in its sole and absolute discretion. The Committee further reserves the right to nullify and/or cancel any part or all of the competition if it appears that any fraud or malfunctions have occurred in any form whatsoever. Each participant undertakes to indemnify and keep the contest committee harmless from and against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred by or asserted against the contest as a result of such participant's participation in the competition. Participation in the competition and submission of photographs grants the committee a perpetual, royalty free license to use the images in its sole discretion. Submission of the photograph grants the right to use the photograph in its media, including but not limited to its website, marketing materials, or transmission internally on our streaming media site. Any photograph selected to be used in that way would be done so with proper attribution to the content creator.
If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the contest committee that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, The Committee reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
All photographs submitted are subject to the contest committee for inclusion. The Committee may decline to include any submission at its sole discretion.
Prizes are distributed to the person that publishes the contest entry – distribution or proceeds to performers, partners, contributors, investors or other contributors to the project is the responsibility of the prize winner; any disputes arising from this is solely the responsibility of the contributor.
Please note: Any content that violates Child Porn Laws or the Linden Labs TOS' related to Age Play Content will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Why do you want the movie or the pictures to be taking place (at least partly) in Nayeli?
Because we want them made for this contest. Not some old stuff that you recycle.
Can i rezz stuff for the movie or picture contest?
Autoreturn is set to two minutes, if you need more time, talk to us, we can arrange something.
Can i participate in both disciplines, machinima and picture?
Do i need to use a Mama Allpa HUD during the contest?
No. But in your movie description when you upload it, the sentence "Mama Allpa machinima contest" shall appear
I am an actress, an actor, do i get a prize too?
The contest jury will award the machinima as a whole and the prize will go to the creator of the machinima, to the person, that uploaded it. How you share then in the team, is not within our responsability.
Why can i not use music from the charts?
Because you do not have the copyright to do so. Copyright violations can be followed up in a most unpleasant way, and it will harm you, the creator of the movie. However, to avoid trouble, please refer to the numerous links with music sources and possible "Creative Commons" licensings, that you can use for your movie. And then you are even legal. How cool is that?
Can i submit multiple entries?
For further details, like deadline and other requirements, please refer to the contest rules. And please do not ask one of the jury members about their opinion of samples you made. The jury will decide and name the winners ,when the time has come. Not before.
Good luck all!